The Office of Student Accounts functions as the central billing service center at University of Maryland University College. We provide:
- Cashiering: Receives and processes all checks, cash and credit cards payable to the university.
- Accounting: Performs special student adjustments and provides fiscal information to the university's financial accounting system and ad hoc reporting to other departments.
- Perkins Loan Coordination: Provides counseling to Perkins Loan recipients and proactively assists them with the repayment process.
- Collections: Manages the student billing and collections process. Serves as a liaison to the State of Maryland Central Collection Unit for delinquent account matters.
- Employer and Military Tuition Assistance: Receives and processes military and employer tuition assistance documents; manages the military and employer organization billing process.
- Customer Service: Serves as the front line for customer inquiries via e-mail and telephone. Provides assistance to students needing to request a refund check stop-payment/re-issue, sign their private loan check or discuss their student account.