If you're a Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware resident and have already earned at least 30 credits from another regionally accredited university or community college, you could earn more than $9,000 in scholarship funds toward a bachelor's degree at University of Maryland University College thanks to the UMUC NE Tri-State Scholarship.1
The prior credits you've earned don't have to transfer to UMUC for you to be eligible for the scholarship. As long as you have earned these credits, meet the required criteria, and submit the required documentation, you are eligible.
How to Earn the UMUC NE Tri-State Scholarship
Apply to UMUC
Start by contacting a UMUC admissions advisor. Just fill out the form to the right or call us at 855-655-UMUC, and your admissions advisor will walk you through the process, discuss your specific situation, and answer your questions.
Then, when you're ready, you can get started on your degree by completing the following three easy steps:
- Complete the UMUC application for admission
- Have your school(s) send official transcripts directly to UMUC
- Talk with an admissions advisor if you need help selecting a program or courses
Meet the Initial Eligibility Criteria for the UMUC NE Tri-State Scholarship
To qualify for the UMUC NE Tri-State Scholarship, you must
- Be a permanent resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware
- Provide official transcripts showing at least 30 semester hours of transferable college credit
- Meet UMUC's admissions requirements
- Be pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Be a new UMUC student and begin your studies at UMUC in the fall 2018, spring 2019, or summer 2019 term
- Be paying the out-of-state undergraduate tuition rate
Current UMUC students who have not previously been awarded the scholarship are not eligible but may qualify for other scholarships.