Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Montgomery College, Germantown Campus
Bioscience Education Center, Room 151
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, Maryland 20876
Join Montgomery College and University of Maryland University College to hear cyber experts and educators discuss the demand for cybersecurity professionals, the latest trends within the industry, and the ways you can leverage this knowledge as you pursue a cyber career. Plus, find out how you can seamlessly transfer your credits to UMUC after earning your associate's degree at Montgomery College.
Sessions are best suited for high school students, current community college students, and recent graduates looking to further their education.
- This is a no-cost event.
- This event is open to the public.
- Refreshments will be provided.
At this event, you can
- Hear from keynote speaker Clark Golestani, former CIO of Merck, and master of ceremonies Mike Janke, co-founder of DataTribe
- Attend a panel discussion about today's cyber industry featuring speakers Francine Blume, Conrad Shand, and more
- Witness a live security hack led by Joseph Roundy, Montgomery College cybersecurity program manager, and participate in a hands-on cyber activity
- Meet with Montgomery College and University of Maryland University College advisors to discuss your path forward in your cyber education
- Learn about the Completion Scholarship, which enables eligible Maryland community college graduates to earn a UMUC bachelor's degree for $12,000 or less
- Welcome Ceremony and Agenda Review
3–3:15 p.m. (Room 151)
- Keynote Speaker Clark Golestani
3:15–3:45 p.m. (Room 151)
- Live Security Hack Demonstration Led by Joseph Roundy
3:45–4 p.m. (Room 151)
- Panel Discussion and Q&A Session
4–4:45 p.m. (Room 151)
- Capture the Flag Challenges
4:30–5:30 p.m. (Rooms 157 & 158)
- Tour of Montgomery College's Cyber Lab
5–6 p.m. (Cyber Lab)
- Advising for Students Interested in MC
5–6:45 p.m. (Room 160)
- Advising for Students Interested in UMUC
5–6:45 p.m. (Room 162)
- Networking Reception with Refreshments
5–6:30 p.m. (Room 151)