Student Advisory Council Now Accepting Nominations for Fall Election
The Student Advisory Council (STAC) is seeking to fill six undergraduate positions for its upcoming 2012 elections. STAC has 12 student members, representing both undergraduate and graduate programs in the United States and overseas. Council members may also be selected to serve on the University Advisory Council.
Nominations are being accepted through November 14, and elections will be held November 21 through December 5. You may nominate yourself or a classmate.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be an undergraduate student seeking a UMUC degree or certificate
- Have been registered for at least one course within the past year
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0
- Have no violations of the Code of Student Conduct or Code of Civility
- Be able to serve on STAC for at least two years
- Have access to e-mail and the Internet and be available to participate in monthly teleconference meetings