STAC Is Accepting Nominations for Fall Elections
The Student Advisory Council (STAC) is seeking to fill four positions for its upcoming 2011 elections. STAC has 12 student members, representing both undergraduate and graduate programs in the United States and overseas. Council members may also be selected to serve on the University Advisory Council (UAC).
Nominations are currently being accepted today until Thursday, September 1, and elections will be held from September 13-27. You may nominate yourself or a classmate. All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student seeking a UMUC degree or certificate.
- You must have been registered for at least one course within the year prior to when you would serve on STAC.
- Undergraduate candidates must have at least a 2.0 GPA; post-graduate candidates must have completed at least nine credit hours with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- You must have no violations of the Code of Student Conduct or Code of Civility.
- You must be able to serve on STAC for at least two years.
- You must have access to e-mail and the Internet and be available to participate in monthly teleconference meetings.
Please ensure that your voice is represented in your student government.