A representative from University of Maryland University College (UMUC) maintains office hours in the Lifelong Learning Education Center at Henderson Hall in Arlington, Virginia. We support UMUC students taking classes online or at other university locations. Henderson Hall is a military installation. Please call this location to receive information on base access. In some instances, you may be required to complete a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) waiver.
Visitors must enter through Hatfield Gate, located off of 2nd Street. Directions to Hatfield Gate are available on Google Maps.
Visitors can use the following directions to reach the Henderson Hall education office, through Hatfield Gate:
I-395 toward Exit 8A.
- Take VA-27/Washington Boulevard and take the Fort Myer exit to the Hatfield Gate.
- Proceed through the checkpoint onto Carpenter Road.
- Continue straight, and then turn left on Southgate Road.
- Turn left on Northeast Road, and turn right onto U.S. Military Road
The Henderson Hall Education Center is located in Building 29 at 1555 Southgate Road, which is to the left of the Parking Garage. The UMUC office is in room 206.
DoD identification holders should enter through Gate 1 at Southgate Road and S. Orme Street, and will be subject to a vehicle inspection.
DoD identification holders can use the following directions to reach the Henderson Hall education center, through Gate 1:
- Take I-395 toward Exit 8A.
- Take Exit 8A to merge onto S. Washington Boulevard toward Columbia Pike.
- Turn right onto VA-244 E/Columbia Pike/Navy Annex (Air Force Memorial).
- Proceed straight onto S. Orme Street.
- Turn left to enter the installation.
- Turn right onto Northeast Road.
- Turn right onto U.S. Military Road.
- Park in any unreserved space on the surface lot or on the top deck of the parking garage.
- The education center is located in Building 29 (to the left of the parking garage), and the UMUC office is located in Room 206.
This location offers placement testing for writing and math courses by appointment only to military servicemembers and the civilian community with base access. Placement and proctoring services are available by appointment through the Henderson Hall education center. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Visitors may access this installation by providing a copy of their license, registration, and insurance and could be subject to a brief vehicle inspection. All visitors must enter through Hatfield Gate, located off of 2nd Street.
Non-DoD visitors are not permitted to request their own base access through the base security office. They must be sponsored in order to have a base access pass. Non-DoD ID holders are permitted to access the base without a pass by going through the vehicle search lanes and providing a copy of their valid driver's license.
Due to recent conditions of heightened security, civilian students taking UMUC classes on military bases may be required to complete a waiver in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act permitting UMUC to provide personal information (such as Social Security Number, address, and telephone number) to the military administration. You may find the FERPA waiver form online.