Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
Classes and Services
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers undergraduate classes and student services on the Joint Base Anacostia–Bolling in Washington, D.C. This site is located on a military installation. Please call this location to receive information on base access. In some instances, a FERPA waiver form may be required.
Take the Baltimore/Washington Parkway (I-295) to Exit 2 (Malcolm X Avenue/Bolling AFB). Follow signs to the base. The UMUC office at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling is located in the Education Center, Building 11.
Undergraduate advising is available on Thursday from 10 a.m.–noon and 1–4 p.m. Call 202-563-3611 to schedule an appointment.
UMUC’s National Testing Center is open Tuesday through Friday with tests beginning at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
This location offers the following types of testing services for members of the military and the civilian community with base access:
- Placement testing for writing and math courses on a walk-in basis.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) on a walk-in basis.
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) on a walk-in basis. Note: The public speaking exam is available by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Pearson VUE, including Excelsior College Examinations (formerly Regents College or ACT/PEP), by appointment only. Schedule an appointment at pearsonvue.com/military.
- Proctored exams for students transferring from UMUC Europe or UMUC Asia.
Librarians are available via e-mail, chat, phone and instant message. For more information and to access the online catalog, more than 125 research databases and view tutorials on how to conduct research, please visit the UMUC library online.
Call 202-563-3611 for information on the availability of computing facilities at the Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling.
Please contact the UMUC Andrews Office at 301-981-3123 for information on base entry.
Due to recent conditions of heightened security, civilian students taking UMUC classes on military bases may be required to complete a waiver in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act permitting UMUC to provide personal information (such as Social Security Number, address, and telephone number) to the military administration. You may find the FERPA waiver form online.
National Testing Center: Proper military ID is required for base access. Visitors who do not have a military ID must go to the Pass Office. Access is only granted to visitors if they have been given authority by the Pass Office. Those with military IDs are allowed to bring guests on base; guests must present a valid photo ID.