Workplace Learning Program
Earn up to 15 credits by demonstrating new skills you learn on the job while you are studying at UMUC. Apply classroom theory to real-world professional projects, and earn credits for upper-level courses.
To participate in the program, you'll enter a learning agreement with your employer and a faculty mentor. You'll submit academic assignments about your Workplace Learning experience and earn up to 6 credits each semester.
Note: Standard tuition rates apply.
- Be an undergraduate degree-seeking student at UMUC
- Have completed 30 credits, 6 of which must have been completed at UMUC
- Have completed 9 credits of coursework in the discipline of the position. For example, if you plan to earn credit in human resources, you should have at least 9 credits in business management, preferably in human resources-related courses.
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 or better at UMUC
- Have checked with an academic advisor and have a completed official evaluation on file
Apply to the Program
After you have met the eligibility requirements and secured a work opportunity, you can apply by logging into MyUMUC and completing the Workplace Learning application.
After your application is accepted, you will submit a learning proposal.