University of Maryland University College makes the transfer process smooth for incoming students. With our flexible transfer credit policies, you can earn your degree on a fast track. We accept many kinds of transfer credit, and you can earn college credit for what you've learned on the job or in the military. We focus on helping busy professionals like you earn the credit you deserve so you can graduate sooner and save money.
Most Popular in Transfers & Credits
Your Degree Could Be Closer Than You Think
- UMUC accepts up to 70 credits from approved two-year schools and community colleges.
- UMUC accepts up to 90 credits from approved four-year colleges and universities.
- The UMUC Completion Scholarship brings the average cost to complete a bachelor's degree to $12,000 or less.
- UMUC is the No. 1 transfer choice for Maryland community college students.
- UMUC offers dual enrollment options so you can take classes at your community college and UMUC at the same time.
More Transfer Information
Transfer credits seamlessly between a partner community college and UMUC.
Explore transferring and transfer credits options.
Learn how UMUC, PGCC, and PGCPS are making college education affordable for local high school students.
Attend an upcoming event at one of our regional locations or a local community college.
I transferred 15 credits to UMUC based on my experience and training in the Army. It was a fairly easy process. My UMUC advisor showed me the paperwork I needed to do. I turned it in, and the next day, my transferred credits showed up online.
Active-Duty Servicemember, Automated Logistic Specialist, Army
Criminal Justice Bachelor's Degree
Community college transfer student, Marlene Plumley, took full advantage of UMUC's articulation agreement with Anne Arundel Community College. The competitive edge that Marlene gained from her UMUC education led her to launch a successful dive business.