Guidelines for Using Computing Facilities
You may use your UNIX account at UMUC computing facilities or through the dial-in service. To ensure high-quality service to all of our users, we will enforce the following rules at all of our facilities.
- Computing facilities are for the use of UMUC students, faculty, and staff only. You will be asked to show a current UMUC ID.
- Quiet must be maintained in all of UMUC's public-access computing facilities.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking is permitted in any of UMUC's computing facilities.
- Children may not accompany UMUC students, faculty, or staff into computing facilities and may not, under any circumstances, be in the building unsupervised.
- We subscribe to a strict antipiracy policy. You may not use our computers to duplicate copyrighted software.
- You may bring your own software to use on our microcomputers, but our lab assistants are not expected to support any software that we do not own.
- We do not allow our facilities to be used for playing computer games.