LaVita McCray Morris – 2014-15 UMUC Student Advisory Council Member
LaVita McCray-Morris was born in Nebraska; however, growing up in a military family, she has travelled to and lived in many places around the world. She presently resides in England. She is a wife, a mother of three adult children, a community leader, a volunteer, and a student. McCray-Morris is currently attending University of Maryland University College as an undergraduate student.
In December 2013, McCray-Morris earned an Associate of Arts in Management Studies from UMUC. She is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Human Resource Management.
McCray-Morris has more than 20 years of experience in the administrative field. She has been a volunteer mentor for airmen and their families, has been an emcee for various community events, and has served in many other volunteer roles, including
- Member, Military Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Diversity Committee
- Co-Chairperson, Military EEO African American Heritage Committee
- Vice president and secretary, Royal Air Force Lakenheath High School Roundtable
- Chairperson, Brandon Community Basketball Club
- Member, Women’s Royal Volunteer Service
- Volunteer, American Red Cross
McCray-Morris believes that being part of the UMUC Student Advisory Council will provide many opportunities to give back to the community and make a difference on campus.