UMUC Virtual Job Fair, July 24, 2014
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Office of Career Services invites you to participate as an employer in our 2014 Virtual Job Fair, Thursday, July 24, 2014.
- How Virtual Job Fairs Work for You
- Virtual Job Fair Features
- Job Fair Registration and Cost
- Facts About UMUC
- Important Information for Participating Employers
How Virtual Job Fairs Work for You
Access many qualified candidates around throughout the US and worldwide amongst the UMUC student body without exhausting your recruitment budget. The technology utilized to power this event makes the recruitment process less expensive and more convenient. Organizations can connect with a diverse group of students and continue to focus on their core business objectives.
Virtual Job Fair Features
The UMUC 2014 Virtual Job Fair is being produced and managed by Career Eco. The technology utilized by Career Eco allows employers to do the following from their desktop or laptop computer:
- Real-time live interaction via chat rooms (group & one-to-one) including a transcript of all interactions.
- Efficient method of pre-qualifying students from their desks using an optional video chat feature.
- Flexibility—employers set their own chat schedules.
- Proactively search for & invite students to visit their sessions (able to sort by students having indicated interest)
- Capture resumes of every jobseeker in the VJF and build candidate pipelines beyond the Fair.
- More Branding—Custom webpage where Employers can post links to videos and articles to communicate branding.
- Unlimited postings
Learn more about CareerEco.
Read Employers' testimonials about CareerEco Virtual Fairs.
UMUC Virtual Job Fair Registration and Cost
- Registration after June 14 is $395.
The job fair registration fee includes
- Unlimited number of company representatives in chat sessions
- Tool to conduct video interviews
- Access to search resumes, preselect from, and capture
- Every resume of registered students and alumni
- Unlimited job postings
Facts About UMUC
- UMUC is a USM institution with a significant national profile
In fiscal year (FY) 2012*, UMUC's worldwide enrollment ranked first among four-year degree granting public universities in the U.S.
- UMUC is a world leader in online education
Currently, UMUC offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs fully online. In FY 2013, UMUC offered 970 distinct courses online.
- UMUC is a global institution
UMUC's overseas divisions offered on site classes in more than 25 countries and territories, enrolling 33,852 individual students in undergraduate and graduate programs in Asia and Europe in FY 2013.
- UMUC is a Maryland institution addressing Maryland's needs
In FY 2013, UMUC served over 34,000 Marylanders and offered on site instruction at 21 sites throughout Maryland.
- UMUC provides access to higher education for minority students
Minority students comprised 47 percent of the total enrollment—UMUC enrolls more African American students than any of the four individual Maryland historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- UMUC is the senior academic institution delivering higher education to our military
Today, UMUC enrolls around 56,000 active duty military, reservists, veterans, and their family members.
* For more information about certificates, including gainful employment disclosures, visit www.umuc.edu/certificates.
Important Information for Participating Employers
After you register CareerEco will provide you with a confirmation and the steps for designing your employer pages. It is a simple process and you do not need any advanced computer skills to prepare. Technical support is also available. You will need job descriptions of open positions at your organization and an electronic version of your company logo. Video clips can also be added. As the fair draws closer we will contact you to finalize your chat room schedule where you can have a staff member communicate "live" with candidates.
As a sponsor, your company may be entitled to
- Waived registration fees at all UMUC job fairs for one year
- The inclusion of your company logo in our job fair marketing materials and on the Career Services Web page
- Targeted recruiting opportunities
- Invitations to other key UMUC events
Sponsorships last for one year. If your company is interested in becoming a UMUC Office of Career Services sponsor, please contact Alonzo Brown at email@example.com or 240 684-2057