Frequently Asked Questions

What is a tuition assistance form?

A TA form is an agreement between you and your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) authorizing UMUC to bill your account charges to the agency or sponsor. This tuition assistance form can be a purchase order, standard form from your employer, or tuition assistance contract on company letterhead.

Where do I get a tuition assistance form?

TA forms are provided by your employer. Please check with your human resources department to confirm the process for applying for tuition assistance.

What kind of information must be listed on the tuition assistance form?

  • A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by your employer, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for any fees unless specified.
  • Your name and UMUC identification number or Social Security number
  • The semester or term covered by the document
  • The billing address
  • The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
  • Federal Tax identification (recommended)

Where should I send my tuition assistance form?

Submit your tuition assistance form, at the time of registration, using one of the following methods:

  • Web form (preferred): Visit Click "Continue" under the "Open Case/Submit Documents" header. For Case Type, select "Billing/Payments." Under Assistance Category, select "Tuition Assistance." Complete the remainder of this form and attach your tuition assistance form. By providing us with the required information in this form, you'll help us expedite the processing time of your authorization.
  • E-mail: Please e-mail your tuition assistance form using one of the following addresses: (military tuition assistance), (nonmilitary and government tuition assistance), and (veteran tuition assistance).
  • Fax: If fax is the only way you can submit your tuition assistance form, please fax it to 301-985-7858.

What should I do if I don't have the Tuition Assistance Form by the payment due date?

If you do not have an authorizing tuition assistance form when you register or by the payment due date, please make payment arrangements to pay the bill in full. UMUC offers an Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan that gives you financial flexibility by allowing you to spread out payments for tuition and fees over several months.

View more information about our Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan online, or contact a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative at 855-655-8682.

How do I enroll in UMUC's Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan?

  1. Enroll in your courses as you normally would.
  2. Visit MyUMUC > Student Center > Payment Plan. You will be directed to the Student Account Center. Please select Payment Plans and the term in which you plan to enroll. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions and your enrollment will be complete.
  3. Make payments according to your selected plan.

For more information about UMUC's Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan, please call 855-655-UMUC (8682) to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative.

When can I expect my tuition assistance to be applied?

Tuition assistance will be applied to your account within 48 hours of receipt of the tuition assistance form. If your account does not reflect your tuition assistance payment after 72 hours, please call us at 855-655-UMUC (8682) and select Option 2.

When will you send the bill or invoice to my employer for payment?

Invoices will be sent to your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) after the add/drop period, which is about a month after the class start date.

Does UMUC accept tuition reimbursement agreements as proof of payment?

No. Tuition reimbursement is an arrangement between you and your employer. You're responsible to pay your tuition by the due date regardless of whether your employer has reimbursed you.