Frequently Asked Questions
A TA form is an agreement between you and your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) authorizing UMUC to bill your account charges to the agency or sponsor. This tuition assistance form can be a purchase order, standard form from your employer, or tuition assistance contract on company letterhead.
TA forms are provided by your employer. Please check with your human resources department to confirm the process for applying for tuition assistance.
- A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by your employer, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for any fees unless specified.
- Your name and UMUC identification number or Social Security number
- The semester or term covered by the document
- The billing address
- The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
- Federal Tax identification (recommended)
Submit your tuition assistance form, at the time of registration, using one of the following methods:
- Web form (preferred): Visit http://help.umuc.edu. Click "Continue" under the "Open Case/Submit Documents" header. For Case Type, select "Billing/Payments." Under Assistance Category, select "Tuition Assistance." Complete the remainder of this form and attach your tuition assistance form. By providing us with the required information in this form, you'll help us expedite the processing time of your authorization.
- E-mail: Please e-mail your tuition assistance form using one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org (military tuition assistance), email@example.com (nonmilitary and government tuition assistance), and firstname.lastname@example.org (veteran tuition assistance).
- Fax: If fax is the only way you can submit your tuition assistance form, please fax it to 301-985-7858.
If you do not have an authorizing tuition assistance form when you register or by the payment due date, please make payment arrangements to pay the bill in full. UMUC offers an interest-free monthly TuitionSelect Payment Plan administered by Educational Computer Systems Inc. The TuitionSelect payment plan gives you financial flexibility by allowing you to spread out payments for tuition and fees over several months.
For more information about ECSI's TuitionSelect Payment Plan, please call 866-927-1438 (toll-free) to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative.
- Enroll in your courses as you normally would.
- Visit MyUMUC > Finances > Payment Plan to enroll. In a few easy steps, your enrollment will be complete.
- Make payments according to your selected plan.
For more information about Educational Computer Systems Inc.'s TuitionSelect Payment Plan, please call toll-free at 866-927-1438 and speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative.
Tuition assistance will be applied to your account within 48 hours of receipt of the tuition assistance form. If your account does not reflect your tuition assistance payment after 72 hours, please call us at 800-888-UMUC (8682) and select Option 2.
Invoices will be sent to your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) after the add/drop period, which is about a month after the class start date.
No. Tuition reimbursement is an arrangement between you and your employer. You're responsible to pay your tuition by the due date regardless of whether your employer has reimbursed you.