Penalties for Non-Payment
You are expected to pay your their tuition and fees at the time of registration. If your payment is not received by the end of the grace period, you may be penalized by being disenrolled from your courses or having your account balance transferred to the State Central Collection Unit (SCCU).
Here's how you can avoid these and other penalties:
- Know when you payment is due. Your due date will be listed on your invoice when you enroll for the academic term. To ensure that you are not penalized, please review when to pay.
- Stay informed! You can access your student account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week by logging into MyUMUC. Payments can be made online and we accept all major credit cards and e-checks.
- Officially withdraw from a course if you are no longer interested in taking it. Please do not depend on the disenrollment process to withdraw you from a course.
- Follow up on all of your payment arrangements. Make sure the funds are applied and that your account balance stays at zero.
- Make sure you receive updates and invoices by confirming your e-mail address in MyUMUC. Go to My Info > Contact Information > E-mail Address.
- Don't get sent to SCCU collections! Call or e-mail us if you are unable to make payment. We may be able to work out a payment option with you that would prevent your account from being sent to collections. The Collections Department may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please note: If you are delinquent with your tuition payment plan payments, you may be dropped from courses in the current or future terms.