Financial Aid Tips for New and Current Students
If Summer 2014 is your first term at UMUC, you must submit the 2013-14 FAFSA in order for the Financial Aid Office to determine your eligibility. Please follow the financial aid application instructions.
Important factors regarding federal loan funding for the Summer 2014 term:
- Enrollment: You must be enrolled in at least half-time status status to be eligible for federal loan funding.
- Disbursements: Loan disbursements will be made no sooner than 10 days prior to the start of classes in which you have reached half-time status.
If you will continue your enrollment at UMUC into the 2014-15 academic year, please remember to also complete the 2014-15 FAFSA application.
The Financial Aid Office will automatically let you know whether or not you have remaining financial eligibility for the Summer 2014 term.
If you have remaining eligibility for the summer term, some factors may affect your award:
- Enrollment: You must be enrolled in at least half-time status to be eligible for federal loan funding.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: If it is determined you are not meeting satisfactory academic progress, known as SAP, at the end of the spring term, your financial aid will be canceled for the summer term. If you do not meet SAP, you will need to make payment arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts.
- Disbursements: Disbursements will occur after satisfactory academic progress is calculated and no sooner than 10 days prior to the start of classes in which you have reached half-time status enrollment.