Transfer Credits to UMUC
We want you to save time and save money as you pursue your degree. Whether you've taken classes at a community college, gained know-how on the job, or been trained in the military, we'll help you transfer your credits to University of Maryland University College.
UMUC is the #1 transfer choice for Maryland community college students.1 We accept up to 90 transfer credits for previous college coursework and military experience and training.
Learn How Many Credits Will Transfer
- Request an undergraduate transfer evaluation:
- To receive an official transfer credit evaluation, apply to UMUC and submit official transcripts.
- To have your unofficial transcripts reviewed and receive a tentative evaluation of your transfer credits, contact a transfer advisor.
- Request a graduate transfer evaluation: If you're a graduate student, after you apply and are admitted to the university, complete the transfer credit evaluation request.
- Estimate your transfer credits: If you attended a community college in Maryland or a school that's part of our out-of-state community college alliances, you can estimate your transfer credits using the online Transfer Evaluation System.
- Attend a transfer event: At UMUC transfer events, you can apply to UMUC, receive a tentative transfer credit evaluation and learn about scholarships, including the UMUC Completion Scholarship for Maryland community college graduates.
Finish Your Bachelor's Degree for About $12,000
UMUC Completion Scholarship
We offer Maryland community college graduates the chance to earn a bachelor's degree at a significantly reduced cost with the UMUC Completion Scholarship.
Sources of Transfer Credit
- Approved two-year schools and community colleges—up to 70 credits toward a bachelor's
- Approved four-year colleges and universities—up to 90 credits toward a bachelor's
- Graduate study at approved colleges and universities
- Studies abroad evaluated by an international evaluation agency
- Military service
- Professional or volunteer experience
- Examinations, including Advance Placement exams and those administered through the College Level Examination Program
1 Source: "Transfer Students to the University System of Maryland: Patterns of Enrollment and Success," University System of Maryland, March 3, 2015
Open Houses and Online Events
Open House in Hagerstown, Maryland
The University System of Maryland at Hagerstown
Thursday, Oct 8 | 4-7 p.m.