Transfer Credits to UMUC
We want you to save time and save money as you pursue your degree. Whether you've taken classes at a community college, gained know-how on the job, or been trained in the military, we'll help you transfer your credits to University of Maryland University College.
UMUC is the #1 transfer choice for Maryland community college students.1 We accept up to 90 transfer credits for previous college coursework and military experience and training.
Learn How Many Credits Will Transfer
- Request an undergraduate transfer evaluation:
- To receive an official transfer credit evaluation, apply to UMUC and submit official transcripts.
- To have your unofficial transcripts reviewed and receive a tentative evaluation of your transfer credits, contact a transfer advisor.
- Request a graduate transfer evaluation: If you're a graduate student, after you apply and are admitted to the university, complete the transfer credit evaluation request.
- Estimate your transfer credits: If you attended a community college in Maryland or a school that's part of our out-of-state community college alliances, you can estimate your transfer credits using the online Transfer Evaluation System.
- Attend a transfer event: At UMUC transfer events, you can apply to UMUC, receive a tentative transfer credit evaluation and learn about scholarships.
1 Source: "Transfer Students to the University System of Maryland: Patterns of Enrollment and Success," University System of Maryland, March 3, 2015