Transfer to UMUC
When you transfer to UMUC, you are enrolling in a respected institution that offers courses taught by distinguished and talented faculty. Plus, you can choose from a wide variety of undergraduate programs to accelerate your career growth.
Get Credit for Previous College Training
UMUC accepts up to
- 70 credits from two-year colleges
- 90 credits from approved four-year institutions
To learn how your college credits may transfer to UMUC, please visit our Transfer Evaluation System.
Get Credit for Work, Military or Other Experience
You could earn credit for your college-level learning gained from
- Military Service
Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard
- Learning Acquired Outside the Classroom
Credit by Examination
- Graduate Study
Graduate certificates and master's or doctoral degrees from approved colleges and universities
- International Study
Credits earned abroad
Did You Know?
UMUC is regionally accredited, so its academic programs are rigorously reviewed by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. UMUC is also one of the 11 degree-granting institutions in the renowned University System of Maryland.
How To Transfer Credits to UMUC
- To receive an official evaluation of your transfer credits, you will need to apply to UMUC.
- Once UMUC receives all of your official transcripts, an official evaluation will be completed for you automatically. You may also use the Transfer Evaluation System to learn how your community college credits may be applied towards a degree program at UMUC.
- View your evaluation online by logging into MyUMUC; select MyAdvising and View My Degree Progress Report.
- Contact a new student advisor at email@example.com or 800-888-UMUC (8682) so that he or she can review program requirements with you and answer any questions.