Community College Alliance Program
Transfer to UMUC with Ease
Specially designed for community college students who are starting an associate's degree, the Community College Alliance Program at University of Maryland University College provides one curriculum plan for earning an associate's degree and a UMUC bachelor's degree seamlessly. UMUC will accept up to 70 applicable community college credits from a participating in-state or out-of-state community college. Now, you can transfer with peace of mind and know your hard-earned credits will transfer to UMUC.
As an alliance student, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Waiver of UMUC's $50 admission application fee*
- Dual enrollment options at your community college and UMUC
- Scholarship opportunities for community college graduates
- Access to the extensive University System of Maryland library, tutoring, writing assistance, career counseling, computer labs and more
- UMUC transfer advising at your community college campus
- Easy application process with the e-application
* The application fee can only be waived for community college students who have not yet completed an associate's degree.
UMUC has alliance agreements with more than 90 community and technical colleges across the United States, including all 16 Maryland community colleges.
Transfer Student Events
Attend an event to meet with transfer advisors and learn about transferring to UMUC.
If you haven't earned an associate's degree, UMUC's Reverse Transfer program can help. The Reverse Transfer program is designed to allow you to transfer UMUC credits back to participating community colleges. Earning your associate's degree can boost your resume and enhance opportunities for personal and professional growth. You may be able to earn your associate's degree while working on your bachelor's degree at UMUC, saving both time and money. E-mail email@example.com to find out if you are eligible.
Become a Partner
Interested in Joining the Alliance? Find out more information.
Phone: 800-888-UMUC (8682)