Customized Leadership Programs
Training Solutions Tailored to Your Organization's Needs
UMUC's National Leadership Institute can create customized leadership programs that speak to the specific issues that affect your organization's growth and success.
Custom-designed programs require collaboration between National Leadership Institute and the organization's representative(s) and may include tailoring an existing offering, designing a program from scratch, or the incorporation of online modules.
Course materials are tailored by National Leadership Institute faculty and course developers to meet your organization's requirements. Organizational case studies, experiential exercises, and activities are designed to reflect the real-life issues of your organization.
While programs can be customized from the ground up, the following popular themes may serve as a starting point:
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Building coaching and mentoring competencies
- Making teams work effectively
- Turning awareness into abilities
- Leadership and influence
- Managing change
- Insight on organizational and personal leadership
Ways to Customize Your Program
- Content: We will help you assess your training needs, develop program objectives, and customize learning materials. We can also assist you in identifying specific leadership competencies to be addressed or training topics important to your organization.
- Assessments: Based on our expertise and experience in the use of a wide range of assessment tools to support leadership development, we will recommend leadership and psychological assessments that address your specific leadership development issues.
- Methodologies: We will recommend a diverse program methodology, offering a variety of training approaches and experiential learning activities, including role playing, simulations, real-life organizational case studies, action learning projects, and videotaped exercises.
- Location: We can deliver programs at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center at University of Maryland University College in Adelphi, Maryland, or at a location of your choice.
- Duration: Customized programs can be any length, from one-day workshops to a year-long program with a series of classroom sessions combined with one-on-one coaching.
- Format: Programs may be delivered on-site or in a combination of on-site and online format.
- Real-life organizational scenarios
- Feedback based on assessment of your organization's leadership behavior
- One-on-one coaching with National Leadership Institute's professional feedback coaches
- Experiential learning to explore, develop, and practice new skills
- Evaluation, follow-up, and strategy recommendations
Contact us today to discuss Customized Leadership Programs.
More About the Program
Preview the program agenda.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential Sample Agenda
Phase 1: Getting Started
The program experience starts with personal leadership assessments that focus the program to the specific needs of each participant. Often cited as the most valuable aspect of the program experience, the assessment begins several weeks in advance and engages the participant as well as his or her boss, direct reports, and peers.
Phase 2: Face-to-Face: Three Days
Day 1: Self-Awareness and Communication
- Leadership transition lessons
- Leader assessment: Understanding your strengths and development needs
- Leader assessment: Interpersonal needs
- Effective communication
Day 2: Build relationships through influence and constructive responses to conflict
- The role of engagement
- Leveraging influence
- Constructive responses to conflict
- Videotaped practice on managing conflict facilitated by master coaches
Day 3: Taking it Home
- Integration: One-on-one session with a certified coach
- Key leadership challenge plan
- Individual goal development and action plans
Phase 3: Application
After the classroom experience, the National Leadership Institute helps participants apply and sustain their development experience by providing the following:
- Insights and essential tools that first-time managers need to become effective leaders
- One 45-minute follow-on coaching session with your coach
- Access to online training, publications, and tools to continue training via eLearning. These topics are specifically designed to reinforce what you learned in your program. Each eLearning topic includes access to the following:
- eReference Ideas into Action Guidebook
- 45-minute interactive, self-paced course
- Detailed application guide
- On-demand podcast
- Relevant articles and white papers
- Quick reference checklists, tools or job aids
Customized Training Benefits
- Minimize the cost of training groups of employees
- Conduct the program at a time and place of your choosing
- Support your organization's strategic plan for management development
- Shape your organizational culture
Wednesday September 30, 2015
Monday October 19, 2015
Monday November 16, 2015
Monday December 7, 2015