Criteria for Admission to UMUC
Our admissions process makes it easy for you to apply today.
University of Maryland University College is an accredited university for military veterans. Our flexible admission standards make it easy to start your academic program. In fact, we don't require test scores for most programs because we value the military experience and professional skills you gained in the armed forces.
Undergraduate Admission Criteria
For bachelor's degrees or certificates 1
- Official documents indicating graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school or successful completion of the GED examination with a total score of 225 and no score below 40 on any of the five tests (if taken prior to January 2002) or a total score of 2250 and no score below 410 (if taken January 2002 or later).
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on all college-level work taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities, including University System of Maryland institutions.
- Note: You are not required to submit official transcripts for admission. However, you must have all official documents on file with UMUC at the time of your request for an official evaluation (recommended within your first semester).
- See full undergraduate admission requirements.
Graduate Admission Criteria
For master's degrees or certificates 1
- Official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Graduate admission criteria may vary by program. See individual program descriptions for more details.
- Note: UMUC recognizes the value of past education and workplace experiences and does not require standardized tests like the GMAT or GRE for standard graduate admission. See the MBA program for information about optional submission of GMAT scores.
- See full graduate admission requirements.
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates.
"One of the great things about UMUC is that we offer seamless divisional transfers within the university. You can start courses at one of our three divisions and then jump to a different division if you get stationed somewhere else."