A Top Choice for Student Veterans
UMUC is a nationally recognized veteran-friendly college.
University of Maryland University College has steadfastly served the U.S. armed forces since 1947. No one can match our experience and dedication to educating veterans.
We understand many of the challenges you face. That's why we offer flexible academic programs and tailored support. We make starting school and earning your degree as streamlined and frustration-free as possible. And we'll help you find the career you want or get ahead in the career you already have.
5 Reasons to Choose UMUC
- Affordability: It's easy to find ways to afford your degree with affordable tuition, veterans educational benefits, financial aid options, and scholarships.
- We go where you go: With 20+ on-site classroom locations in the Washington, D.C., area, advisors on base throughout the U.S., and divisions in Asia, and Europe, UMUC is a leading provider of education services to the U.S. armed forces, their families, and veterans.
- Flexible learning formats: We offer more than 95 career-relevant academic programs entirely online, plus hybrid and on-site courses in the D.C. area.
- Regional accreditation: As a regionally accredited university, UMUC adheres to standards set by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, one of six regional accreditation agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- University System of Maryland membership: With more than 90,000 students, UMUC is the largest public university in the country, and we're a proud member of the University System of Maryland, which includes 12 institutions and two regional higher education centers.
"I know UMUC has a very good track record when it comes to military and veteran students. … They've been involved and active with military and veteran students for many many years. I really didn't even consider any other options."