About UMUC Library OneSearch
Go directly to UMUC OneSearch
What is UMUC Library OneSearch?
This service, made available in conjunction with EBSCO Publishing, allows users to find scholarly articles, books, and/or other research resources via a single search engine. With UMUC Library OneSearch users can simultaneously search most of the databases to which the UMUC Library subscribes, either directly or as additional resources. (Which databases?)
How do I use OneSearch?
- Enter your search terms and view results.
Enter your search terms from the Research Resources tab on the library home page or use the Advanced Search screen for more search options. Your results will look like this:
- Add additional resources.
Select additional resources from the right panel and click Update to add the results from those databases.
- Refine your results.
Use the left panel to narrow down your results to more specific criteria.
- Get the full text.
Click the HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text link to read the item, orclick the Find It button to see if another database has the full text. (If full text is not available, the Find It menu will give you the option to get the item through DocumentExpress.)
- Or view the detailed record, read the abstract, and use the tools.
Click the item's title to view the detailed record, where you will find the abstract and some useful tools, including the ability to print, e-mail, and bookmark the item, add it to a My EBSCOhost folder, and export it to a bibliographic management tool, such as RefWorks.
You can add your search to your My EBSCOhost folder, set up an alert so that you get notified whenever new items become available, or link to your search so that you can run it again in the future.
Need more details?
See EBSCO Discovery Service Help.
Ask a Librarian.
What databases are included in OneSearch?
Most of the databases to which the UMUC Library subscribes are available in OneSearch, either directly or as additional resources. A complete list is below.
What databases are searched directly?
What databases are included under "Additional Resources?"
- Academic Search Complete
- America: History & Life
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Business Insights: Essentials
- Business Source Complete
- CINAHL Complete
- Computer Database
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Education Research Complete
- Encyclopedia, Funk & Wagnalls New World
- Environment Complete
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- GPO Monthly Catalog
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Historical Abstracts
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- MasterFILE Premier
- Mergent Online
- Military & Government Collection
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- Political Science Complete
- Primary Search
- Professional Development Collection
- Project Muse
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Teacher Reference Center
- Web of Science
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- Dissertations and Theses (ProQuest)
- LexisNexis Academic
- Library Catalog
- LION: Literature Online
- Safari Books Online
What databases are not included?
Each of these databases will need to be searched individually (seeDatabases by Title):
- ACM Digital Library
- APA Guide to Electronic References (2012)
- Bibliography of the History of Art
- Bond Reports
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Christian Science Monitor
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clase and Periodica
- Company Profiles
- Criminology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- D&B Key Business Ratios
- Electronic Books
- Electronic Collections Online
- Emerald Fulltext and Management Reviews
- Emerald Management Thinking
- General Business File ASAP
- Google Scholar
- Homeland Security Digital Library
- IEEE Computer Society Digital Library
- In the First Person
- Industry Surveys
- Literary Index
- New York Times
- Online Learning Report 2012 (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Oxford Reference Online Premium
- ProQuest Newspapers
- Psychology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- Register of Companies and Executives
- S&P NetAdvantage
- SAGE Reference Online Collections
- Sociology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- Stock Reports
- Sun (Baltimore)
- Survey of Distance Learning Programs in Higher Education, 2012-13 Edition
- Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- Zotero: A Guide for Librarians, Researchers, and Educators