Payments: How do I make an online payment?
Make online payments in your Student Center with a credit card,debit card, or e-check.
- Log into MyUMUC.
- Click Student Center in the upper left corner of the page.
- Under Finances, click view account/make a payment. Your Student Account will open in a new tab. If the page does not open, please disable your browser's pop-up blockers.
- Under My Account select Account Activity or click the green View Account Activity button to view your balance amount and, if you are currently enrolled in a payment plan, your payment plan installments.
- Selecting the View Account Activity button displays a page that provides a detailed list of the transactions (charges and payments) made on your account. You can view these transactions by a specific term or for all the terms you have been a student at the University of Maryland University College. Once you have completed viewing this page, click the Make a Payment button to access the account payment page.
- Click Make a Payment and follow the prompts. On the Account Payment page, you have the option of making a payment towards your term balance or for a specific line item on your account (e.g. technology fee, tuition for a specific course, diploma fee, etc). If you choose to pay less than your term balance, you can edit the amount to reflect the amount you would like to pay. If you have a balance for more than one term, you can edit the amount you would like to pay towards each term’s balance (as displayed below). If you would like to pay for a specific line item on your account, click on the box next to the charge you would like to pay. Once you have entered/selected the amount you would like to pay, click the Continue button to select your payment method.
- Using the drop-down menu on the Payment Method section, select if you will be using an electronic check, credit card or debit card as your form of payment and click the select button.
- If you choose to pay with an electronic check, use the drop-down menu on the right to select the type of account you are using (checking or savings). The account you use must be a personal account (no corporate accounts). Once you have selected an account type, enter the check routing number, bank account number, and name of the person on the account. You also have the option to save the payment account information for future use in the Option to Save section.
- Once you have finished entering the account information click Continue.
- If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, enter the card account number in the box on the right and click Continue. After you click continue, another page will display for you to enter the name on the card, card expiration date and CVV code. You also have the option to save the payment account information for future use in the Option to Save section.
- Once you have completed entering the account information, click Continue.
- The confirmation page allows you to review the details of your payment, including the amount and the payment method being used. If you need to edit any of this information use the back button to do so. Otherwise you can click the button to submit your payment. Once your payment has successfully been submitted, a payment verification page will display containing the details of your transaction along with a reference number. Please print this page for your records.