Graduate Student Relations
Welcome to Graduate Student Relations, a unit of the Dean's Office of the Graduate School.
Graduate Student Relations is here to help UMUC graduate students, faculty and administrators work together as an academic community and resolve issues that may affect students’ classroom success. Our role is to facilitate communication and offer you the support and information you need—guidance about academic policy and appeal issues, as well as problem solving and advice.
The main goals of Graduate Student Relations are to provide
- A positive and supportive atmosphere
- Problem resolution
- Clarification about academic policies and procedures
- Guidance during complex situations
- Connections with other UMUC support services
Our office also handles issues related to
- Academic appeals
- Escalated student classroom concerns
- Academic integrity, academic dishonesty and plagiarism
- ‘No-show’ students (enrolled students who have not attended their classes)
For assistance when you need it, contact:
Director for Graduate Student Relations
To contact your program director, academic specialist or academic coordinator, see Graduate School Personnel.