Your UMUC Team
Partner with your UMUC team to help make decisions that can fast-track your educational goals.
You can reach these departments through the links below. Direct phone numbers and military-specific numbers may also be provided for some departments. UMUC's address and main phone number are listed at the bottom of this page.
An academic advisor is your primary point of contact and will be there to
- Help you find the most efficient path to completing your degree
- Determine which course or courses you should take next
- Advise you on alternative ways of earning credit that could save you time and money
- Identify services and resources to help you stay (or get back) on track
Advisors will partner with staff members from the following departments, either working with them on your behalf or having you contact them directly. In either case, the advisor is your advocate.
Advisors are available in person or by e-mail or phone
Monday–Friday (in person or by phone),
8:30 a.m.–8 p.m. eastern time
Financial aid counselors process your application for aid and can help you
- Complete financial aid documents
- Request financial aid you previously declined
- Understand how dropping or withdrawing from a course will affect your aid
For help, visit www.umuc.edu/help (available 24 hours a day)
Make sure to fill out your FAFSA application with the school code 011644.
Student Accounts representatives process all payments, including employer and military tuition assistance, and coordinate Perkins loans. They can help you
- Learn about payment plan options
- Request a refund check
- Stop or re-issue payment
- Sign your private loan check
- Discuss any issues with your student account
If you have questions about your assignments, syllabi, or coursework, your instructor should be your first point of contact. Never be afraid to ask for help or clarification.
Contact information, including preferred methods of contact, is provided in your syllabi in the online classroom one week before your course starts.
The UMUC Library can help you work through all stages of a research project with
- Access to a rich collection of research materials, including research databases, thousands of electronic books, and the collections of the University System of Maryland and affiliated institutions libraries
- Library instruction
- Reference and research assistance 24 hours a day
Call 240-684-2020 (or 800-888-8682, option 3, ext. 2-2020)
Tutoring is available on-site and online in computing and in math and statistics, and many entry-level courses are also supported with online tutors. To find out which ones, e-mail the Center for Student Success.
You can also be assigned to a mentor through the Allies Mentoring Program.
Military and Veterans
The Military and Veterans Teams are experts in the issues specific to military life. Team members provide the usual advising services and also can
- Help you maximize your military and veteran benefits
- Assist you with transferring your military service for credit
To see if a military education coordinator is located near you for in-person advising, visit http://www.umuc.edu/military/
Military Advising Team
Phone 240-684-2105 or
Veteran Advising Team
Phone: 240-684-2106 or 800-939-UMUC (8682)
Veterans Certification Office
Personnel in this office can help you with benefits certification.
If you have specific questions about veterans benefits, such as eligibility, funds availability, or process questions, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs directly.
VetSuccess on Campus
This program of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides on-site benefits assistance and counseling at the Academic Center at Largo.
Last name A–L
Last name M–Z
Student Account Assistance
To verify that payments have posted for employer-provided tuition, veterans benefits, or military tuition assistance, check your account at MyUMUC > Finances > My Account > Account Inquiry.
If you have any issues with the posting of your payment, please contact
military tuition assistance: