Your UMUC Team
Partner with your UMUC team to help make decisions that can fast-track your educational goals.
You can reach these departments through the links below. Direct phone numbers and military-specific numbers may also be provided for some departments. UMUC's address and main phone number are listed at the bottom of this page.
An academic advisor is your primary point of contact and will be there to
- Help you find the most efficient path to completing your degree
- Determine which course or courses you should take next
- Advise you on alternative ways of earning credit that could save you time and money
- Identify services and resources to help you stay (or get back) on track
Advisors will partner with staff members from the following departments, either working with them on your behalf or having you contact them directly. In either case, the advisor is your advocate.
Advisors are available in person or by e-mail or phone
- Monday–Friday (in person or by phone),
8:30 a.m.–8 p.m. eastern time
- Saturday (in person only),
8:30 a.m.–2 p.m. eastern time
Financial aid counselors process your application for aid and can help you
- Complete financial aid documents
- Request financial aid you previously declined
- Understand how dropping or withdrawing from a course will affect your aid
For help, visit Help@UMUC (available 24 hours a day)
Make sure to fill out your FAFSA application with the school code 011644.
Student Accounts representatives process all payments, including employer and military tuition assistance, and coordinate Perkins loans. They can help you
- Learn about payment options.
- Enroll in the interest-free monthly payment plan.
- Find out more about Tuition Assistance.
- Request a refund check or stop or trace a stale, dated, lost, or outstanding refund check.
- Discuss any issues or questions you have regarding your student account.
If you have questions about your assignments, syllabi, or coursework, your instructor should be your first point of contact. Never be afraid to ask for help or clarification.
Contact information, including preferred methods of contact, is provided in your syllabi in the online classroom one week before your course starts.
The UMUC Library can help you work through all stages of a research project with
- Access to a rich collection of research materials, including research databases, thousands of electronic books, and the collections of the University System of Maryland and affiliated institutions libraries
- Library instruction
- Reference and research assistance 24 hours a day
Military and Veterans
The Military and Veterans Teams are experts in the issues specific to military life. Team members provide the usual advising services and also can
- Help you maximize your military and veteran benefits
- Assist you with transferring your military service for credit
See if a military education coordinator is located near you for in-person advising.
Military Advising Team
Veteran Advising Team
Veterans Certification Office
VetSuccess on Campus
This program of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides on-site benefits assistance and counseling at the Academic Center at Largo.
Student Account Assistance
To verify that your employer-provided tuition assistance, veteran’s benefits, or military tuition assistance have been applied to your account, check the student account center. Select "My Account" and then "View Account Activity."
If you have any issues with the processing of your third party contract, please contact:
military tuition assistance: