Events for Monday, Sep 08, 2014
Address: 3501 University Blvd. East, Adelphi, MD 20783 | Get Directions
Develop the confidence you need to build commitment and translate strategy into effective action.
The Leadership Development program will help you to strengthen and refine your fundamental leadership skills—communication, self-awareness, influence, and learning agility—as your role becomes more complex and demanding.
You will also focus on two essential competencies for managing in the middle zone.
- Thinking and acting systematically: Understanding the big picture, seeing patterns, and dealing with trade-offs.
- Enhancing your resiliency: Effectively managing stress, uncertainty, and setbacks.
Comprehensive assessments—along with an organizational business simulation, coaching, and peer learning groups—ensure that you will have a powerful and personal experience that drives results.
This five-day program is designed for experienced mid- to senior-level managers working in the middle zone of their organizations and is an especially good fit for operational, group, or department managers responsible for supervising management-level direct reports and working across functions.
Cost: $7,200. Hotel accommodations are available at the UMUC Inn and Conference Center for an additional $1,000.
Address: 1001 16th Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20036 | Directions
The Third Annual Greater Washington Society of CPAs Career Fair is coming up, and UMUC representatives will be on hand to speak to potential students and employees about the opportunities UMUC has to offer.
UMUC is a regionally accredited state university that specializes in providing career-relevant academic programs designed for busy professionals. We hope you'll join us at the career fair to learn more how we can help you achieve your goals.
At this event, you can
- Learn about UMUC's online and on-site graduate accounting and finance programs and how a graduate degree can help you achieve your career goals
- Have your questions answered by various representatives and academic advisors
- Speak to an HR representative if you're interested in becoming a faculty member
Address: 1680 Gilbert St.,Bldg. IE, Norfolk, VA 23511 | Directions
Get started at University of Maryland University College by attending the Military Open House at Norfolk Naval Station! UMUC is a regionally accredited state university that specializes in providing career-relevant academic programs designed for busy professionals. We hope you'll join us for the informative and informal event to learn more how we can help you achieve your goals.
At this event, you can
- Learn about UMUC's online and on-site academic programs and how a degree can help you achieve your career goals
- Find out how you can fast-track your degree with transfer credits
- Explore military and veterans education benefits, financial aid, scholarships, payment plans, and other options to make your education more affordable
- Get started on your application for admission
Sign up today! Once we receive your event registration, we will send you an e-mail with directions on how to access the event.
Prospective students who attend this event will be eligible to have the $50 application fee waived. The $100 application fee for the Doctor of Management program cannot be waived.