If you have a past due balance, you may be disenrolled from one or all of your University of Maryland University College course(s). Some exceptions may apply to financial aid recipients and students using military Tuition Assistance or veterans education benefits.
The disenrollment process will begin approximately two weeks prior to the start date of your course and will run daily through the first week of classes.
Please take note of the following:
- Be aware of UMUC's payment deadlines. Due dates are provided at the time of enrollment and are displayed in your To Dos in MyUMUC.
- If you have a past due balance in excess of $250, you may be disenrolled. Please note that nonpayment does not guarantee that you will be disenrolled from a course.
- If you have decided not to participate in a course for which you have enrolled, please follow the steps to properly withdraw from a course.
- If payment has not been received by the due date, you may be prevented from incurring additional charges, including, but not limited to, additional registration and transcript or diploma requests.
Financial Aid Students
As a financial aid student, you are excluded from disenrollment if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Pay all prior semester balances exceeding $250
- Submit all documents requested by the UMUC Office of Financial Aid within 15 days of the request (students can view all missing documents by signing into MyUMUC and selecting the appropriate aid year in your To Dos)
- Review and accept the financial aid awards needed for the awarded period within 15 days
- Complete the Master Promissory Note and/or Entrance Counseling within 15 days
- Have undisbursed aid for the semester that covers the balance in full
If you are a financial aid student and meet all of the criteria listed above, UMUC will exclude you from disenrollment.
To drop a course, it is important that you follow UMUC's withdrawal policy. We will not disenroll students who have been identified as financial aid applicants.
Make sure that you complete and submit all required documentation in a timely fashion to ensure the disbursement of your financial aid and stay up to date on your financial aid status in MyUMUC.
Once UMUC confirms your status as an active-duty military student, we will exclude you from disenrollment. To ensure UMUC receives your military Tuition Assistance form, please submit your documents at the time of registration and prior to the start of your course. If you fail to submit your Tuition Assistance documents in a timely manner, UMUC will not allow you to enroll in future terms.
Once you have completed the steps to request for certification of your enrollments for veterans benefits, and if your benefit type pays directly to the school, UMUC will exclude you from disenrollment. To ensure you receive your veterans education benefits in a timely manner, please submit the request for certification immediately after registration. If you fail to submit your request for certification in a timely manner, UMUC will not allow you to enroll in future terms.
Be sure to follow the proper guidelines for withdrawing from a course. For more information about completing and submitting your Tuition Assistance documents or your request for certification of your veterans benefits, please visit Military and Veterans Benefits.