An Award-Winning Program
UMUC's Master of Education in Instructional Technology was recently selected as one of the top 10 online master's programs in instructional technology for teachers by GetEducated.com.
Save 25% on Tuition
If you're an ACTFL member, you can also save you can save 25%* on out-of-state tuition for most programs at UMUC, and you may also be eligible for a $50 application fee waiver, thanks to our alliance with ACTFL.
The discount applies to more than more than 75 degrees, certificates,** and specializations, with just a few exclusions*. Plus, you can complete almost any UMUC program entirely online.
The tuition for students who meet the criteria for Maryland residency will be the applicable in-state rate. Tuition for active-duty military and their spouses will be the applicable military rate. If you are a student using Post 9/11 benefits, please contact an advisor at 800-939-UMUC (8682) to determine if you can apply both benefits.
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Integration
University of Maryland University College is pleased to offer ACTFL members a specialized online graduate certificate in instructional technology integration designed for individuals teaching world languages on the K–12 and higher education level. This graduate certificate program is offered as part of the ACTFL-UMUC education alliance.
Specialized Courses for World Language Educators
- The certificate program is composed of four courses, each adapted to meet the needs of K–12 and higher education language educators.
- A committee of UMUC and ACTFL educators customized the certificate curriculum by emphasizing the National Standards for Foreign Language Education, as well as interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication.
- The course discussions and assignments focus on applications of technology integration to best practices in teaching world languages.
Learn more about the instructional technology integration certificate.
Choose From More Than 75 Additional Programs
The ACTFL-UMUC alliance discount applies to a variety of academic programs including:
Benefit from UMUC's 65+ Years of Experience
We offer the best of both worlds—a convenient online education from a respected state university.
- Recognized and respected: A member of the University System of Maryland, UMUC is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, providing credibility and recognition to your degree. And with more than 140 locations around the world, we're truly a global university.
- Flexible and convenient: With rolling admissions and multiple start dates each semester, you can start whenever you're ready. You can choose to study online or take on-site or hybrid classes at more than 20 locations in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia.
- Military and veteran friendly: UMUC has specialized in educating the armed forces, veterans, and their families since 1947. Year after year, we've been recognized nationally as a military- and veteran-friendly university.
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages is the national association for language education professionals from all levels of instruction and representing all languages. For more information about ACTFL and membership, please visit www.actfl.org.