Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Earn your degree while keeping your day job with UMUC's online MBA.
Prepare for leadership with UMUC's online MBA program designed for busy professionals.
- Develop interdisciplinary skills: The MBA program will help you master sought-after skills in finance, marketing, operations, information literacy, technology fluency and systems thinking.
- Build the soft skills employers demand: Develop key competencies for effectiveness as a manager, including ethical leadership, team building, communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
About the MBA Curriculum
UMUC's MBA curriculum is built around five interdisciplinary courses:
- Leading Organizations and People
- Financial Decision Making
- Leading in the Multicultural Global Environment
- Innovation through Marketing and Technology
- Strategic Decision-Making
All courses feature projects with scenarios and data from real organizations. Professional leadership skills assessment and development exercises are integrated throughout the curriculum.
MBA Career Paths
MBA career paths include mid-level and senior management, general management, consulting, finance and marketing. View MBA career outlook information.
Among graduate faculty, 88 percent hold a terminal degree, which refers to the highest degree awarded in a given field. In addition to their academic credentials, many faculty members have extensive corporate and government management experience. View profiles of MBA faculty.
1 Source: "2013 Corporate Recruiters Survey," Graduate Management Admission Council.
By the Numbers
credits in the MBA program
of companies in the northeast plan to hire recent MBA grads 1
median base/starting salary of MBA graduates 1
The MBA program at UMUC is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
IACBE accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA).