Choose UMUC for your Business Education
UMUC offers career-relevant online business degrees and certificates.
University of Maryland University College offers business degrees and certificates1 designed to help you gain a competitive edge in your career.
At UMUC, you'll learn from faculty members with strong academic credentials and real-world experience. And you'll have opportunities to network and develop professionally through student clubs and our full-service Career Center.
Learning that Fits Your Life
UMUC makes higher education accessible, flexible and convenient.
- Study anywhere, any time: Nearly all of UMUC's academic programs are available entirely online, so you can study when it's convenient for you.
- Learn on-site: Learn online or on-site at more than 20 locations in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. We have more than 140 locations throughout the world, including at military installations.
- Choose from multiple start dates: During each spring, summer and fall semester, UMUC offers multiple start dates. With rolling admissions, you won't have to wait to start your education.
- Keep your day job: UMUC's flexibility and convenience can help you balance your education with work and family life.
A Respected State University
UMUC offers the best of both worlds—a convenient online education from a respected state university.
- Maryland state university: UMUC is a proud member of the University System of Maryland and serves more than 80,000 students.
- Regional accreditation: UMUC is regionally accredited, providing your business and management degree with credibility and recognition. UMUC's MBA is also accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- Affordable tuition: UMUC's tuition is among the most affordable in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia, and we offer ways to help you meet, manage or lower your education costs.
A Military Educator
UMUC enrolls more than 50,000 active-duty military servicemembers, reservists, veterans and family members and offers courses at more than 140 worldwide locations on four continents.
Our military and veteran advising teams can provide expert guidance to help you maximize your education benefits, transfer credits from your military training and continue your education, no matter where you're stationed.
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates.
2 Source: Based on the National Association of Colleges and Employers report The Job Outlook for the Class of 2014.
3 Source: "Is College Worth It? Clearly, New Data Say," The New York Times, 2014.
"It was not an easy decision for me to return to college. At a stage in my life when family and work responsibilities were at their peak, it seemed nearly impossible to find the time. But UMUC had the flexibility and affordability I needed so I could continue working and go to school at the same time."
An In-Demand Field
Business bachelor's degrees are among the most sought-after by employers.2
The Value of a Degree
College graduates earn 98% more per hour on average compared to those without a degree.3