Data Analytics Degrees and Certificates
Career-focused programs for tomorrow's data analytics jobs.
UMUC's master's degree and certificates 1 in data analytics are designed with input from leading employers and analytics experts to give you a competitive advantage at your company—or wherever your career takes you.
- Learn powerful skills: Apply predictive modeling, big data analytics and data visualization to projects from a range of industries.
- Master cutting-edge software: Develop expertise manipulating large data sets using IBM SPSS Modeler, SAS Enterprise Miner and Tableau, among others.
- Get ready to drive decisions: Build key leadership competencies in presentation, persuasion and negotiation.
Data Analytics Curriculum
Gain the skills and knowledge to:
- Transform big data into actionable insights using advanced analytics software.
- Manage data analytics projects, present findings and make strategic recommendations to organizational leadership.
- Evaluate modeling approaches for data analysis and predictive analysis.
- Design and deploy databases and dimensional models.
- Apply advanced data warehousing and data mining methods.
- Manage infrastructure systems to ensure the quality, security and privacy of data.
Master's Degree in Data Analytics
UMUC's Master of Science in Data Analytics combines technical and business knowledge and skills to make you a powerful data analyst. Learn how to manage and manipulate data, create data visualizations and make strategic recommendations to influence business outcomes.
Coursework includes database design, data warehousing, data mining, data modeling, predictive analytics and more. After completing the program, you can add a Master of Business Administration (MBA) as a dual degree with just 18 additional credits.
Graduate Certificates in Data Analytics
Earn qualifications and credentials quickly with a 15-credit certificate. Credits can then be applied toward the master's in data analytics.
- Foundations in Business Analytics Certificate: Designed for business analysts, this certificate features coursework in managing data analytics projects, uncovering data insights, creating data visualizations and driving business decisions.
Compare Data Analytics Programs
|Program Requirements||Master's in Data Analytics||Foundations in Business Analytics Certificate|
|Number of credits
|Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (non-credit, flat fee)||✔||✔|
|Foundations in Data Analytics
(3 credits awarded, flat fee)
|Decision Management Systems
|Data Management and Visualization (6 credits)||✔||✔|
|Big Data Analytics
|Data Analytics Practicum
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates.
Learn more about data analytics careers.
Data Analytics Career Paths
- Business or data analytics specialist
- Business or data analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Data scientist
- Market research analyst
- Operations research analyst