Master of Science in Management:
Naval Operations and National Security
Naval Operations and National Security Specialization with Transfer Credits from Naval War College
If you have graduated from the nonresident seminar program of the Naval War College, you may be eligible to transfer 18 graduate credits toward a Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Naval Operations and National Security at University of Maryland University College. Conversely, if you are a graduate of web-enabled distance learning program of the NWC, you may be eligible to receive 12 graduate credits toward the same degree.
To participate in this partnership program, you must have completed one of the two qualifying programs with NWC. All coursework for the degree, including courses taken at NWC, must be completed within a seven-year window. You must submit official transcripts from NWC for review, along with the transfer credit evaluation request form to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.
After completing certain master's degrees, you can earn your Master of Business Administration by completing just three additional courses.
Core Required Courses
UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- MGMT 610 Organizational Theory (3)
- MGMT 615 Intercultural Communication & Leadership (3)
- MGMT 640 Financial Decision Making for Managers (3)
- MGMT 650 Statistics for Managerial Decision Making (3)
MGMT 670 Strategic Management Capstone (3)
Clustered Course Option
- MGMT 610 must be taken within the first 6 credits of the MS in Management program.
- Students must complete 24 credits before taking MGMT 670.
- Students should not enroll in MGMT 640 and MGMT 650 in the same semester.
Naval Operations and National Security Specialization Required Courses
This coursework comes from the completion of NWC and will be added to your UMUC transcript once a review and approval for eligibility has been completed.
Additional Course Requirements
Graduates of the nonresidential seminar program choose one 3-credit class; graduates of the distance learning program choose three 3-credit classes from below.
Nonprofit and Association Management
- NPMN 600 Nonprofit and Association Organizations and Issues (3)
- NPMN 660 Strategic Management in Nonprofit Organizations and Associations (3)
Human Resources Management
- HRMD 610 Issues and Practices in Human Resource Management (3)
- HRMD 650 Organizational Development and Change (3)
General Program Questions
MS in Management
MS in Management: Military Specializations
- Air and Space Strategic Studies: Air War College
- Army Operations and National Security Specialization: Army Command and General Staff College
- Joint Military Strategy: Joint Forces Staff College
- Marine Corps Operations: Marine Corps Command and Staff College Distance Education Program
- Naval Operations and National Security: Naval War College
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.