Certificate in Visual Basic Programming
This program is no longer accepting new applications.
As part of its ongoing curriculum review and refresh to better serve its students, UMUC has eliminated some of its undergraduate certificate programs. Current students have been contacted to ensure timely completion of the program or to discuss alternative programs of interest.
If you are enrolled in this program, please use the curriculum requirements below to track your success as you complete your certificate. Contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
Also available online
The Visual Basic programming certificate is designed for students seeking entry-level programming positions. Hands-on experience using Visual Basic software is provided. With appropriate choice of major and elective courses, this certificate may be completed while pursuing the Bachelor of Science in computer studies.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
An introductory course: 3
- CMIS 102 Introduction to Problem Solving and Algorithm Design
Two required courses:
- CMST 306 Introduction to Visual Basic .NET Programming (3)
- CMST 416 Advanced Visual Basic .NET Programming (3)
A computer systems course chosen from the following: 3
A supporting elective chosen from the following: 3
- CMIS 242 Intermediate Programming
- CMIS 320 Relational Database Concepts and Applications
- CMIS 420 Advanced Relational Database Concepts and Applications
- CMIS 440 Advanced Programming in Java
- CMST 385 Principles of Web Design and Technology I
- CMST 386 Principles of Web Design and Technology II
A second supporting elective chosen from the above list: 3
Total credits for certificate in Visual Basic Programming: 18
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.