This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Software Engineering
The certificate in Software Engineering is intended for those students interested in the foundation and issues of software engineering. The certificate addresses software development and design issues.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- SWEN 603 Modern Software Methodologies (3)
- SWEN 645 Software Requirements (3)
- SWEN 651 Usability Engineering (3)
- SWEN 646 Software Design and Implementation (3)
- SWEN 647 Software Verification and Validation (3)