Certificate in Internet Technologies
This program is no longer accepting new applications.
As part of its ongoing curriculum review and refresh to better serve its students, UMUC has eliminated some of its undergraduate certificate programs. Current students have been contacted to ensure timely completion of the program or to discuss alternative programs of interest.
If you are enrolled in this program, please use the curriculum requirements below to track your success as you complete your certificate. Contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
Also available online
The Internet technologies certificate is designed to provide an introduction to Internet applications and their design and development. Hands-on experience is provided in Web site management and design, with an emphasis on subject-related projects.
Note: Courses may be applied to only one certificate; some prerequisites may need to be fulfilled before beginning certificate courses.
Four required courses:
- CMST 385 Principles of Web Design and Technology I (3)
- CMST 386 Principles of Web Design and Technology II (3)
- CMST 450 Web Development Using XML (3)
A supporting elective chosen from the following: 3
- CMIS 242 Intermediate Programming
- CMIS 440 Advanced Programming in Java
- CMIS 485 Web Database Development
- CMST 460 Web Application Development Using ColdFusion
- CMST 463 Web Application Development Using PHP/MySQL
A second supporting elective chosen from the above list: 3
Total credits for certificate in Internet Technologies: 18
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.