This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Distance Education, Globalization, and Development
The certificate in distance education, globalization, and development examines how distance education has been used and the audiences it has reached. It allows students to explore organizational models for distance education at various educational levels and analyze the roles played by international agencies. The changing role of the private sector, the role of conventional universities in relation to e-learning and the new international players in a globalized environment are also discussed.
Total Semester Hours: 12
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- OMDE 601 Foundations of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- OMDE 606 Costs and Economics of Distance Education and E-learning (3)
- DEPM 625 Distance Education, Globalization, and Development (3)
- DETC 630 Emerging Technology Trends and Issues in Distance Education and E-learning (3)