This program is no longer accepting applications.
As of fall 2015, no new applications will be accepted for this certificate. Current students should contact graduate advising to go over plans for completing the program requirements.
Certificate in Biosecurity and Biodefense
In the certificate in biosecurity and biodefense, students will explore threat analysis and countermeasures to biological attacks; biosensors; integration of local, state, and federal responses to bioterrorism and other challenges facing public health departments, and global biosecurity and the economic, political and social impacts of bioterrorism.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615 Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) Must complete with first 6 credits of study.
- BSBD 640 Agents of Bioterrorism (3)
- BSBD 641 Biosecurity and Bioterrorism (3)
- BSBD 642 Advanced Biosecurity and Bioterrorism (3)
- BSBD 643 Strategies for Interagency Cooperation, Verification and Global Countermeasures in Biodefense (6)