University of Maryland University College offers a wide range of online bachelor's and master's degrees and certificates to help prepare you for the next step in your information technology or computer science career.
Take Advantage of Abundant Job Opportunities
Why Study IT at UMUC?
- Develop highly marketable skills: UMUC's IT and computer science programs are designed with input from today's top employers, providing you with technical, operational, and problem-solving skills for career advancement.
- Prepare for certification: Our curriculum can help you prepare for certification exams, including Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+).
- Learn from scholar-practitioners: Many of UMUC's IT faculty bring professional experience at the highest levels in government and private industry.
I work as a systems administrator at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. I manage and support hundreds of computers and users. At my job, I apply the computer programming knowledge that I gained from UMUC. I am better able to understand existing code and implement new scripts for managing computer systems. I now have a deeper understanding of the IT infrastructure as a whole.
Systems Administrator, NASA
Computer Science Bachelor's Degree
In class [at UMUC], you actually get to do more hands-on stuff, so it helps you be able to bring that over into whatever organization that you work for, because you're physically doing it in class, and then you can turn around and do it at your job too.
Information Technology Master's Degree with Information Assurance Specialization
IT & Computer Science Quick Facts
[My program] afforded me the ability to ask the right questions…. It’s provided me with enough knowledge to ask the right questions to ensure we’re doing the right thing as an organization, and that has been extremely valuable.
Awards and Recognition
- Effective Practice Award | College Essentials of Computer Programming (UCSP 635) | Online Learning Consortium | 2016
- Program Development Award | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2013
- Applied Research Award | Best Practices in Cloud Computing for Collaboration in Online Education, Les Pang, PhD, and Stella Porto, DSc | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2012