Certificate in Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics is a rapidly growing area in the biotechnology industry today. The certificate in Bioinformatics is intended to provide students with a core set of knowledge and skills in bioinformatics.
Students will take the following 5 courses for the certificate:
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) Must complete with first 6 credits of study.
- BIOT 630 Introduction to Bioinformatics (3)
- BIFS 613 Statistical Processes for Biotechnology (3)
- BIFS 617 Advanced Bioinformatics (3)
- DBST 651 Relational Database Systems (3)
- BIFS 614 Data Structures and Algorithms (3)
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.